The TCM NC Information System is the third key component of ROSATOM TCM NC system.
TCM NC IS is intended for undertaking assessments across all estimation classes, as well as for monitoring the project budget and is aimed, first of all, at automation of the management of the costs and schedules in the various projects. The TCM NC IS is a unified industry information environment for collection, analysis, assessment, and exchange of information on costs and schedules in construction of nuclear facilities. The IS users are all participants of nuclear construction projects.
The system consists of the following components:
- cost estimating subsystem;
- cost planning and control subsystem.
The subsystems are connected to each other by an integration solution that ensures a two-way (between subsystems) data exchange. TCM NC Information System is also integrated with other information systems involved in project implementation:
- design development systems;
- risk management;
- time scheduling;
- Industry guideline systems;
- cost estimating systems;
- accounting systems.
The cost estimating subsystem
The cost estimating subsystem is a tool that supports the cost estimating process – for the identification of probable costs of resources necessary for performance of the project operations.
The subsystem ensures the implementation of the processes as follows:
- cost estimating;
- scenario analysis;
- storage in the cost estimating database.
The cost estimating subsystem supports the following estimation methods:
- expert examination based on historical information on projects completed previously;
- «top-down» assessment that is based on the data on the level of the investment costs available from open sources;
- determination of the project costs based on the project technical and economic parameters;
- assessment using analogues;
- parametric assessment;
- «bottom-up» assessment;
- assessment based on the BIM model;
- assessment based on technical and commercial offers from potential subcontractors
The subsystem of planning and cost monitoring
The subsystem of planning and cost monitoring is intended for planning, implementation monitoring and estimating of project budgets. The subsystem ensures the implementation of the processes as follows:
- elaboration of the project budget in accordance with the approved project WBS and the link between budget elements and different analytical structures;
- distribution of costs and physical scopes of budget items to the relevant time intervals;
- development of project budgets with different degrees of detail at various stages of the projects and their comparisons within the framework of a unified budget structure;
- accounting for actual performance of physical scopes and execution of budgets;
- development and monitoring of multi-currency budgets with the capability to present the final values in the selected currency;
- accounting for changes that arise during project implementation in the project budget, follow-up of the status of the changes;
- monitoring of project implementation using the earned value method;
- development of project implementation forecasts, for comparing forecasts against each other;
- development of the project control panels;
- development of project reporting.