The component «People, roles, competences» is a key component of TCM NC system. This component is focused on the personnel, whose knowledge and skills determine the successful performance of TCM NC system processes.
The component «People, roles, competences» includes the following:
- a model of personnel competencies, which specifies the necessary typology of competencies and requirements for each type of competency;
- a program of competency development, which stipulates the approaches to the development of competencies, sets the target levels for competencies and includes the competencies development programs;
- a model of organizational structures for subsidiaries of ROSATOM, which contains the requirements for the organizational structures needed for TCM NC model processes to function.
The personnel competency model
The personnel competency model represents a description of knowledge and skills necessary for personnel in accordance with the competencies in the target areas of TCM NC:
- general requirements
- time scheduling
- cost estimating
- cost control
- planning and budgeting of capital investment
- contract and claims work
- risk analysis
- management of nuclear construction projects
The competencies model became the basis for the development of 4 professional standards in the area of cost engineering:
- specialist in cost estimates in nuclear construction projects
- specialist in the planning and budgeting of capital investments in nuclear construction projects.
- specialist in cost control
- specialist in the management of nuclear construction projects
The professional standards developed in conformity with AACE requirements have been agreed and approved by the Order of the Ministry of labour of the Russian Federation.
Competencies development program
Competencies development program supposes three levels of development.
A basic level of competencies: course « Cost engineering school» introduces the basics of the TCM NC system and AACE international standards in the area of cost engineering. It is conducted in-person and in distance learning formats.
А special level of competency development aimed at development in the form of subject-matter courses in specific specialized competencies in one or another area:
- project content and schedule planning. The course is focused on development of competences in the field of planning, follow-up, and control over implementation of construction projects including the basics of the project management methodology, basic principles of project planning, and control, planning methods in construction projects, as well as Russian and foreign experience of planning construction projects.
- cost estimating. The course is focused on development of competencies in the area of the project cost estimating and planning, project budgeting and planning of capital investments.
- cost control. The course is focused on development of competencies in terms of control of the project costs.
- contract strategy. The course is focused on development of competencies in the field of contractual.
- relations in the implementation of construction projects, it gives an idea regarding selection of contract strategy and the procedure for carrying out pre-contract and contract work.
- earned value method. The course is focused on development of competences in the area of application of the earned value method of project control.
- risk management. The course is focused on development of competencies in the area of identification, analysis, mitigation and monitoring of risks.
- strategy asset management. The course is focused on development of competencies surrounding a systematic approach to strategic asset management.
The professional level of competencies development includes:
- training programs to become a Certified Estimating Professional, CEP, under AACE International.
- training programs to become a Certified Cost Professional, CCP, under AACE International.
These professional level programs enable the experts to study for the examination for certification of their qualification on an international level.
Models of organizational structures in the industry organizations
In order to ensure the function of the TCM NC process model the following new special project functions have been included that support TCM NC processes, and their integration into the structures of the organizations involved in implementation of nuclear facility construction projects:
- management of the nuclear construction project portfolio;
- management of resources in nuclear construction;
- management of nuclear construction project requirements at all stages of the life cycle;
- price monitoring for construction resources;
- cost estimating;
- project schedule management;
- management of budgets in nuclear construction projects;
- project cost accounting;
- risk management in nuclear construction.
The managers and subdivisions responsible for performance of the specialized TCM NC project functions and achieved results are appointed within industry organizations. The responsibility of the managers and specialists are stipulated in the provisions on subdivisions and job descriptions.